Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP)
What is a QEP?
A Quality Enhancement Plan that
- focuses on improving student learning and/or student success
- is Sustainable
- is Assessable
- is supported by institutional data and best practices
Examples of a QEP
The University's previous QEP, First-Year Islanders, made an impact on the academic experience of first-year students. Examples from other institutions can be viewed from the links below.
- Texas A&M University-Commerce: Enhance and improve students’ global competency through programs that will enable the institution to strengthen its focus on global initiatives, better preparing students for an interconnected world
- University of Texas at El Paso: Enhance student access to and participation in curricular and co-curricular experiences through Integrative and Applied Learning experiences.
- West Texas A&M University: Use experiential learning as a vehicle to develop students’ capacity to transfer theory into practice in situations, communities, and environments