Faculty Development Leave
PROPOSALS DUE: Friday, October 24, 2014 at 12:00 p.m.
See instructions below.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Recognizing the importance of a vibrant, professionally active faculty to the success of its mission, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi provides for paid leaves of absence from normal faculty duties for the purpose of professional development. Applicants must have a minimum of two consecutive academic years of service in a tenured or tenure track full-time faculty position in the Texas A&M System at the time leave is to begin, plans to continue employment at TAMUCC for at least the next academic year, is not a member of the CFE committee, and if awarded a Faculty Development Leave award, they shall not be eligible for another such award for the next six academic years. Please read other parameters for being granted leave as well as responsibilities of awardees, as explained in the unviersity procedure.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Both hard copy (printed copy) and soft copy (a file) must be submitted no later than Friday, October 24 at 12:00 p.m. as follows:
- Hard Copy (Printed Copy): Since the following documents need signatures, please submit them as hard copies to the Director of the Center for Faculty Excellence, CCH 115.
- FDL Proposal Form - Please also indicate that you have applied for Institutional Research Board (IRB) and/or Animal Care and Use Committee approval, if applicable, and a statement of intention to continue service in your profession and at TAMUCC.
- Support Letters - Two letters of support from professional peers assessing your merit, one of whom must be your department chair.
- Statement of endorsement from your college dean.
- Soft Copy (A word document file or a pdf file): Submit one file using your last name and first name as the filename, e.g., if your name is John Smith, the file should be named as SmithJohn.doc or SmithJohn.pdf. The file must be submitted as an email attachment to Dr. Leslie Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org. This file must contain the following:
- Project Summary (Regent's abstract) - This section should not be longer than one page, double-spaced (12 pt. Times font), single-sided, describing the project for which you are requesting leave. Make sure your name and contact information appear on this summary sheet.
- Project Description. This section should not be longer than five pages, double-spaced, single-sided (12 pt. Times font), and should include the following:
- Significance to the your discipline
- Research/Creative Activity Plan (methodology, timeline, etc.)
- Anticipated Outcomes/Products
- Statement of Benefit to students, department, college, university, and/or community
- *Only five pages of the Project Description will be read; extra pages will not be considered.
- References List/Bibliography. This section should not be longer than two pages, double-spaced, single-sided (12 pt. Times font).
- Curriculum Vita. This section should provide a record of publications or creative works; previous research grants, including results/outcomes; and professional development activities.